Traditional Aikido Hakama made with 100% Cotton
- Excellent choice for intermediate, advanced students or instructors
- Extremely high quality 100% heavy weight preshrunk cotton. (#11,000 thread count)
- Genuine Deep Tone Black Dye.
- Reinforced seams and anti-tear patches in tear prone areas
- Seven Lines of Reinforcement Stitching in the Himo. (Waistband)
- Flexible Neoprene rubber Sei-Ita. (Backplate)
- Permanent Stitched Pleats for easy maintenance and form retainability
Features of #11000 Hakama
The #11000 Aikido Black Hakama is a hakama that dyed the traditionally used cotton in black for Aikido use.The Hakama fabric made with #11000 fabric, which contains many threads of cotton yarns. #11000 refers to the 11,000 threads of cotton yarn weaved between every 1-inch by 1-inch fabric.
In ancient Japan, a unit of weight called “Kanme” was used to classy types of fabric, but it has been replaced with “ban” (Number). Nowadays, #12000 is generally the heaviest hakama. In comparison, #11000 is a nice hakama that is lighter and easy to use. Unlike the synthetic fiber, the moderate stiffness of #11000 maintains the hakama shape when it is worn, creates an elegant posture.
The History of Black Hakama
The colour of Gi/Hakama has a meaning.In ancient Japan, “white” has been the sacred colour. In religion, white is a demonstration of unsullied integrity at the presence of God while in martial arts, white holds the meaning to train with an empty mind.After long years of usage, the white martial art gi/hakama turns darker, tinge by seasons of training.
In other words, the black gi/hakama represents a seasoned practitioner. In today’s world, as stain stands out in white and it has become easier to dye black, more people wear black hakama from the start. However, the importance and difficulty to continue training remain unchanged.
As the colour representation of relentless practices and devotion, black gi/hakama is well loved by Aikido practitioner then and now.
The "Koshi-ita" (Back plate) is made of flexible Neoprene rubber, giving your hips maximum protection during "Ukemi."
Pleats are permanently sewn in the inside of the hakama, keeping it in place even after washing it.
Beauty of the silhouette
Carefully cut and sewn with quality in mind, the hakama is extremely durable, yet does not compromise mobility. Elegantly designed, the beauty of the silhouette composure emanates once you put it on.
The Highest Quality
Product of “MINAMOTO SHOKAI”. Quality Guaranteed.
Aikido Hakama Spec
1.31kg, 2.88lb (Size:#26)
Flexible Rubber Koshiita
Black-dyed #11000 cotton
Thick and Durability
Traditional and characteristics
- May shrink 1 to 2 inches after the first washing.
- Do not use Dryer, hang dry only.
- Stretch the Hakama after the first washing to prevent shrinking.
- The width of shrinkage may differ from the water temperature, soaking time and drying method.
- No returns accepted after washing.
Embroidery Orders and Policy
We will not accept any returns for garments that have been embroidered, imprinted or embellished in any manner.